1992: PhD in Political Science, Copenhagen University.
- 1989: Cand.scient.pol (MA in Political Science and Public Administration), Copenhagen University
- Courses in didactics and distance learning.
Full-Time Jobs since 1989
- 2017- : Senior lecturer, Department of Social Work, UC Lillebælt.
- 2014-2017: Lecturer, Department of Social Work, UC Lillebælt.
- 2012-2013: Lecturer (Temporary), Department of Social Work, UC Lillebælt.
- 2008-2012: Associate Professor (as reseach fellow). Department of Political Science, University of Southern Denmark
- 2000-2008: Senior Lecturer, Department of Political Science, Umeå University
- 1999-2000: Senior Lecturer, Department of Social Sciences, University College of Mid-Sweden (now: Mid-Sweden University), Östersund
- 1998-1999: Senior Lecturer (Temporary), Department of Thematic Studies, Section for Policial Science, Linköping University
- 1995-1996: Senior Lecturer (Temporary), Department of Political Science, Copenhagen University
- 1994-1997: Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow, Department of Political Science, Copenhagen University (on leave 1995-1996, see above)
- 1992-1993: Research Fellow, Department of Law, Copenhagen University
- 1989-1991: PhD-student, Department of Political Science, Copenhagen University (Supervisor: Professor Gunnar Sjöblom)
- 2007-2012 : Contributor to Economist Intelligence Unit
- 1992-1994; 1997-1998: Part-time lecturer in political science, University of Copenhagen
I’ve been teaching at university level since 1992. Subjects include:
- Swedish politics
- Danish politics
- Comparative politics
- Policy analysis
- Social and labour market policy
- Vulnerable groups and people with disabilities in social work
- Political theory
- Methods, especially qualitative methods
- Supervision of BA and MA theses
- 2014- : FORSA Danmark, member of the board
- 1995-1997: DJØF, member of the sectorial committee for universities and research
Personal Research Grants
- 1994: Carlsbergfondet – 3-year scholarship plus overhead for a project about the politician K.K. Steincke and his impact on Danish social policy during the inter-war era